
I'm back... at least to the blogging world. This will be a different type of blog post from my previous entries. My previous entries were about my travels, this one... well, I'm not traveling much. My current travels include walking to the kitchen or to the mailbox... my adventures include going to Target or to an animal shelter.
On December 28, 2011, I had a peroneal nerve decompression and a four compartment fasciotomy surgery on my left leg. Originally the orthopedic surgeon estimated "two weeks" before I'd be back to work and walking. Six weeks later, I'm still using crutches. The surgery was supposed to include only one incision. The surgeon informed me afterwards that when he went in he noticed more damage than he expected. My fascia was very deteriorated and my muscle was grey. He said it looked so bad he took a piece of my muscle to get it tested for a muscle disease. Fortunately, the test came out normal, no muscle disease. Unfortunately, a second incision needed to be made and my recovery time was extended.
Six weeks later, here I am, still on the couch on February 5, 2012. Since Scott came home on January 29th, I've been getting out a bit more. Yes, Scott was away from January 8th - January 29th. Great timing! Fortunately, he was hired at new company which provided him the opportunity to receive flight simulation training in Atlanta, GA. After three long weeks, he passed his Airplane Transport Pilot exam and is now type rated as Lear Jet Pilot. This is pretty impressive stuff! I'm grateful he had the opportunity to train and get his upgraded license, it just sucked that he was away during this long process.
Anyway, I'm going to begin writing again for a few reasons: 1) To document my recovery, 2) To hopefully connect with others who are going through a similar recovery process and 3) To keep myself occupied. Wish me luck and I hope you will join me on my road to recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment